Sunday, October 15, 2006

No muss, no fuss turkey soup

Take:

1/2 lb ground turkey
1 onion
1 can pinto beans (don't drain)
1 can mild rotel (don't drain)
1/4 cup red wine
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

Chop your onion and bung it into a frying pan with the ground turkey.

While the turkey and onion is browning, take everything else and dump it into a soup pot. Heat over medium flame.

When the turkey/onion mix is nicely browned, drain it, and ease it into the soup pot with the rest of the goodie.

Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.

Voila!

LawDog

5 comments:

ben said...

Suspect that would be good with any ground meat.

Anonymous said...

Needs more garlic, but that's just me. ;^)

shimfee said...

Lawdog, I'm here in SW FL. What is "rotel?"

Thanks!

~~shimfee

kyrakai said...

I really enjoy the recipes that you publish. It has inspired me to share the ones that I am fond of on my blog. So many recipes....so little time.

Thx for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Turkey Soup; my ass ! !

I jes' whomped up a batch and it's the best dang half hour chili I've ever had. That recipe and the fixins are going in my Rendezvous grub box, my camper and the kitchen.

Now I gotta mess around an' see how it works with dried onions.