Saturday, August 30, 2008

Goodness

I knew that some Gentle Readers were rather anxious to see the conclusion of the Pink Gorilla Story, but I had no earthly idea that it'd spread as far and as fast as it did.

Thank you all very much, and I'm humbled by your obvious appreciation for my little scribbles.

That being said, I'd like to clear up a couple of misconceptions I've noticed cropping up attached to my story.

No, I didn't steal this story from a British cop. Yes, I do live and work in Texas; and I also use the proper (English) spellings of some words.

I was born and raised overseas and my tutors and teachers were primarily subjects of Great Britain, and this may have coloured my writing style a bit.

I thank everyone for reading this little blog, and I hope to get back up to my old posting frequency as soon as Real Life eases up a bit.

In the meantime, I will be the subject of a BlogTalkRadio interview over at TxFellowship, probably somewhere around the weekend of 14SEP -- assuming zombies don't invade and the creeks don't rise.

Again, thank you very much for reading.

LawDog

11 comments:

hilinda said...

Thanks for writing- the story was enjoyed greatly by several in my house, and quite a few connected to us online: friends, family and students.

And here's hoping your creek don't rise.

Old NFO said...

Looking forward to that interview :-)

SpeakerTweaker said...

I knew that some Gentle Readers were rather anxious to see the conclusion of the Pink Gorilla Story, but I had no earthly idea that it'd spread as far and as fast as it did.

No idea? Shoot, 'Dog, we've been hounding you (no pun intended) about The Final Chapter since Gorilla I was posted at THR!

*poke/prod*

Quite alright, that. Just several years of suspense building, that's all;) The conclusion was worth the wait.

Curiousity... any chance there was a dash cam running during your, eh, musical number? I'm sure many in the blogosphere (myself included) would part with a significant amount of change to see that!



tweaker

homebru said...

Have a lot of trouble from the Creek Indians in your part of the state, do you?

fuzzys dad said...

I want to say the first time I read your blog. I was hooked. Keep the stories coming. Thank-You,Rick

Brandon said...

Again, thank you very much for reading.

No, thank you for writing. Your posts very often provide much-needed laughs to lighten busy days, and those that don't are typically filled with useful information from a practical, clear-headed viewpoint.

I appreciate the effort you put into your blog. I've benefited from its existence, and I thank you.

Anonymous said...

homebru-if we did, we could Sioux them.
LM

HerrBGone said...

"Sioux them" !!1!

Oh - oh... *holds side* That was bad! After that I need an Oreo. :-)

Anonymous said...

this may have coloured my writing style a bit.

Nice touch.

AlisonH said...

Anonymous--I Hopi wouldn't do that.

Anonymous said...

And if you had a lot of toy trucks, you would have Minnetonka....
LM